Big data insights on the evolving beauty consumer
Perfect Corp, the provider of artificial intelligence (AI) and augmented reality (AR) beauty and fashion tech solutions, has released its “Beauty and Fashion Tech Trends Around the World” report. The report analyzes Big Data from Perfect Corp’s YouCam app suite. with over 1 billion downloads worldwide. The report focuses on user data from nine key regions including the United States, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Japan and China.
As personalization becomes the top priority for beauty and fashion shoppers, AR-powered virtual try-on experiences have become an essential part of the customer journey, helping consumers experience products in seconds. In the first half of 2022, Perfect Corp. over 3 billion virtual beauty and fashion try-ons in the YouCam apps community, clearly indicating consumer adoption.
- In the first half of 2022 alone, there were over 800 million lip color try-ins on the YouCam Makeup app. Light cranberry pink was the #1 favorite lip color in the world, with a vibrant wild strawberry pink and classic blossom pink among the most tried-on shades in the world. Rich, seasonal reds like Terracotta Red and Red Ribbon also feature in the top 5 most popular lip colors worldwide.
- In the first quarter of 2022 and the second quarter of 2022, trendy lip colors such as muted red and dusty rose enjoyed increasing popularity in many markets, driven by minimalist makeup routines.
- This preference for natural makeup is also reflected in lip texture trends as clear lip color finishes have become the most popular lip color finish in most markets. Translucent lip color adds subtle shine and easy care to lips, making it the perfect choice for consumers who prefer more natural makeup looks. This represents a key shift in consumer preferences post-pandemic, as pre-pandemic consumers preferred heavier matte formulas.
- Consumers at NARS Cosmetics tried an average of 27 shades using the virtual try-on tool on their website, which ultimately resulted in a 300 percent increase in conversion rate.
- In the first half of 2022, there were over 1.3 billion eye makeup try-ons on YouCam apps.
- According to YouCam data, trying on different eyebrow shapes and filters received the highest engagement, with +480 million trials in the first half of 2022, accounting for 32% of trials, followed by lashes (22%), eyeliner (15%), eye color (13%) and artificial eyelashes (7%).
- Benefit Cosmetics found a number of benefits after seeing its Perfect Corp. powered brow try-on solution through various channels. The brand reported a 101% increase in time spent on the website, a 113% increase in the conversion rate of visitors to their website, and a 20% increase in products added to the shopping cart.
“We’re excited to share our next trend report with the beauty and fashion industries and know these insights will help brands better understand consumer preferences and needs as we step into the upcoming retail season,” said Alice Chang, Founder and CEO of Perfect Corp. “By leveraging the big data and technology insights provided by Perfect Corp.’s YouCam app community. deployed, brands can optimize their customer journeys for maximum impact and engagement.”
#Big #data #insights #evolving #beauty #consumer Source