Mega Millions Results for 03/17/23; $1 Million Winner Sold in Michigan
LANSING, MI — A Michigan player took home $1 million, but there was no winner of the $254 million Mega Millions jackpot for the Friday, March 17 draw.
That means the draw on Tuesday, March 21 will be worth $272 million, with a cash option of $146.5 million.
Mega Millions numbers for March 17: 26-28-29-39-49
The mega golden ball: 25
The Megafolder: 3
March 17 Mega Millions winners:
· Although there was no grand prize winner, two players matched the five white balls drawn to win $1 million in the draw. These tickets were sold in Michigan and South Carolina.
· The South Carolina player also played the Megaplier option, which increased his winnings to $3 million.
· In Michigan, the million dollar winner was sold to CVS Pharmacy located at 18130 W 10 Mile Rd, Southfield. It was the biggest prize won in the state.
· There were 339,030 tickets sold that won at least $4 in the draw. In Michigan, 12,327 tickets sold won at least $4 in the draw.
Mega Millions draws take place Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m. Five balls are drawn from a set of balls numbered from 1 to 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered 1 to 25. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets are $2 each.
In other Michigan Lottery news:
· The next Powerball draw will take place on Saturday March 18 with an estimated jackpot of $78 million and a cash option of $41.4 million.
· The next Lotto 47 draw will take place on Saturday March 18 at 7:29 p.m. with a jackpot of $3.45 million. The deadline is 7:08 p.m. that day.
· Saturday’s Fantasy 5 jackpot is worth around $100,000. The draw is at 7:29 p.m. The deadline is 7:08 p.m.
For the latest Michigan Lottery news, check out the official Michigan Lottery website, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles, and other lottery games.
The latest Michigan player to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot is the Wolverine FLL lottery club who won a $1.05 billion jackpot in March 2021. With their winnings, the group plans to give back to the community.
And while they were lucky winners, it is wise for players to check their tickets immediately as a $1 million winner sold at Warren 2021 has gone unclaimed. The money instead went to the State School Aid Fund.