TaylorMade Printing celebrates half a century in Wheeling | News, Sports, Jobs

WHEELING – From humble beginnings, TaylorMade Printing has grown into one of the most respected printers in the Ohio Valley through state-of-the-art techniques, reliability and a personal touch.

The company’s founders believed in good old-fashioned hard work and a belief that the region would respond to the quality production of friends and neighbors. Now, TaylorMade Printing celebrates its 50th anniversary with pride and gratitude to all of its customers.

“We have loved every minute of service in the Ohio Valley and beyond,” said Company President Debbie Taylor, who is now retiring and passing the helm to her son Scott. “It was truly a matter of the heart to serve all of our friends. As I look back over the past 50 years, I am amazed at the changes in the services and technologies we offer and proud of what we have prepared for TaylorMade’s next 50 years.”

TaylorMade was born when Debbie’s husband and former company president, Jim Taylor, visited Chuck Fortney, who ran a small printing business from home, in 1972. The two became friends and decided to form a partnership.

This partnership became Copies Incorporated, which was located at 1618 Jacob Street until moving to its current location at 1910 Jacob Street.

“We started our business with a $25,000 SBA loan,” said Debbie Taylor. “We spent many nights thinking about how we were going to pay off the loan, but our clients wouldn’t let us down.”

“I remember those early years were frustrating but exciting,” said Jim Taylor.

“I knew from the start that if we offered honest prices and first-class service, we would have a good chance of succeeding. And that is still our creed.”

The company name was eventually changed to TaylorMade, but that didn’t mean the change was easy.

“At first we were afraid to change it from Copies Incorporated,” said Jim Taylor. “It had become a recognizable brand. However, because of all our equipment and skills, we were more than a quick press. We had full service.”

It was the beginning of a growth spurt for the company.

After six years of partnership, Fortney, who has since passed away, moved to Florida and the company became the married couple of Jim and Debbie and their son and then executive producer Scott.

They added a two-color Komori press, a two-color Ryobi, a Davidson Web Press, and a two-color Multilith press. They offered image adjustment devices for complex tasks.

And the changes continued.

“Now,” says Debbie Taylor, “the print industry is more digital than offset.” Print files are submitted electronically and printed on our Canon ImagePress C8000VP. We are also a Union shop offering political printing and postal services.”

The Taylor family has always prided itself on ensuring that the needs of their customers are met. 95% of the work is done in-house, the remaining 5% are mediated and closely monitored.

Debbie Tayor said son Scott will certainly keep the work ethic.

“He’s very knowledgeable and loves the printing industry,” she said. “He has been with us for 30 years, from delivering to learning how to operate the equipment, from the cutter, the collator, the folder and several printing presses. He is well versed in management. We have no doubt that our friends will continue to have a superior customer experience.”

The current location has an area of ​​10,000 square meters with two covered loading docks. This not only offers space for storing materials, but also a high-quality working environment for employees.

TaylorMade serves over 300 clients including local marketing agency Wheelhouse Creative LLC.

Jim and Debbie Taylor are also proud of their older son, Jim, a Linsly University graduate who earned a PhD. in pharmacy and is a professor at the University of Florida, and daughter Crystal, also a Linsly alumnus, who studied fashion merchandising at Kent State and currently resides in Colorado.

TaylorMade Printing hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The office phone number is 304-232-1166

Today’s breaking news and more in your inbox


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *