The Loop: COVID-19 Isolation Rules Are Changing, Donald Trump’s Team Likely Hidden Secret Documents In Mar-a-Lago And Apple Is Entering Virtual Reality?
Hi. It is Wednesday, 08/31 and you’re reading The Loop, a short summary of today’s news.
Let’s start here: The COVID-19 isolation rules have changed
A national cabinet meeting earlier this afternoon agreed reduce isolation time for asymptomatic cases seven to five days. Here’s what you need to know:
- People who test positive for COVID-19 only have to isolate themselves for five days from the next day Friday, September 9th
- worker one High risk settingsincluding disabled and elderly care, and those who have symptoms are still required to isolate for a full seven days
- support payments for people who are obliged to isolate will also be shortened from September 9th
- to bear requirements Face masks on domestic flights will also be scrapped from September 9th
- Prime Minister Anthony Albanese says relaxed rules are a “appropriate response at this point in the pandemic”
You can read more about the changes here.
The former leader of soviet union died in Russia at the age of 91 after a long illness.
Gorbachev ended the Cold War without bloodshed and bogus arms reduction deals with the US and partnerships with Western powers remove the Iron Curtain that divided Europe since World War II and helped reunite Germany.
But he couldn’t prevent that collapse of the Soviet Unionwhich began when pro-democracy protests swept across the bloc of communist nations in Eastern Europe in 1989 and fueled autonomy movements in the 15 republics.
He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize 1990 for his role in ending the Cold War, but was widely despised in his home country and the Russians blamed him for 1991 implosion of the Soviet Union.
Political figures from all over the world paid their respects to the former head of state with the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen said his “legacy is one we will not forget” while the Russian president Vladimir Putin expressed his condolences to his family.
Others on social media have also remembered Gorbachev as the Star of a Pizza Hut commercial – but more on that in a moment.
Message notifications you may have missed
- That US Department of Justice says Donald Trump’s team likely went into hiding and removed classified documents from his Mar-a-Lago estate to hamper his investigation
What Australia searched for online
- Leonardo DiCaprio. The actor split from his girlfriend, American model and actress Camila Morrone, shortly after her 25th birthday. The couple had been together for four years.
- phantom galaxy. The latest photos from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope have revealed stunning new details of a galaxy 32 million light-years away.
- Pizza Hut. A 1998 commercial filmed in Russia made the rounds on social media following the death of Mikhail Gorbachev. The ad shows a family at the restaurant talking about his political legacy after seeing him eat with his granddaughter nearby, and is widely seen as a demonstration of the victory of capitalism in Russia.
One more thing
is Apple before the first foray into virtual reality? Trademarks registered in several countries (including here in Australia) seem to be saying so – and it would be Apple’s first new product category in years.
Apple has long been rumored expanded reality and development of a Headsetbut trademark filings discovered by Bloomberg show that trademarks have been filed “reality one”, “reality professional” and “reality processor”.
The tech giant didn’t create these brands itself, but they follow a pattern that Apple has used in the past to leverage other companies and law firms Ban brands without raising suspicion.
When do we get the confirmation? Apple is hosting an event on Thursday, September 8th at 3 p.m. AEST where it will reveal the new iPhone 14 and Apple Watch models – but insiders say the company won’t tell everything then, so a Late 2022 unveiling for his virtual reality headset (at the earliest) it looks more likely.
You are in the loop
We’ll be in touch with more tomorrow.
#Loop #COVID19 #Isolation #Rules #Changing #Donald #Trumps #Team #Hidden #Secret #Documents #MaraLago #Apple #Entering #Virtual #Reality Source